Entries

In Hoc Signo Vinces




01 October 2007
Well sports fans, it's another sizzler of a week here in South Florida. In the southeast, we have our routine threat of hurricanes barreling onto our shores. In the northeast, we have the continual high-pressure angst where it's centralized in New York City resulting in those tornadoes in Brooklyn earlier this summer. Now, If you look carefully, you can see a mixed front of ennui and creeping despair encroach upon the West Coast with a leading edge stemming from the Pacific Northwest on down to the San Bernardino Valley. And in the continental United States is the same pattern we've enjoyed since 2000, with the less educated half of the humans hijacking the desires of the largely godless other half.

For those who bother to read these things I send out and wonder why I put that unusual quote in the subject line, it is a new mantra I submit to get through the day. Feel free to Wikipedia or Google the phrase and you'll see why. Besides, I think Latin phrases are so ill.

But I realize certain things about myself and I have to commit to my mantras more and more because the self I've submerged for so long is rising again. The reason I'm always show my colors as a budding malcontent is because I'm simply not made to be doing what I'm doing. This whole practice of toiling beaverine to make a couple anonymous people rich is chafing more and more against my principles.

"In this sign, you will conquer", is something vague and yet sufficiently encompassing to describe my inner rebellion and determination to make a change.

The utility and frivolity involved in typing out these little ditties on why I ordinarily have a such a hard time keeping up with you all is rapidly coming to an end.

This next job is the last.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 • You Might Not Want to Know This, But... • All rights reserved